🤩 WIP's - All WIP's and Feedback requests

Hi there everyone!
I want to share the progress of my work till now.
I would like to know your opinions, what can I improve. I know there are details in contrast, lightning, etc. Please let me know everything you think I can make better.
Thanks and regards.

5 Likes

Hello,

Here’s what I’ve got so far for the challenge. I think I may have taken on a bit too much! Still, I’m learning a lot, so that’s the main thing. I would really appreciate some feedback on this - the main building and centre area are still at a fairly early stage, and I am having a hard time getting the building to fit with the rest of the DMP. Apart from that, though, the key things are in place, and the only other important element I’m planning on adding will be characters walking around.

The lamp-posts, benches and turbines are 3D, and the building is created over a simple model - I hope that’s not stretching the rules on 3D?

Thanks, and amazing work by everyone here!

6 Likes

so I kept going with that idea of a giant windfarm but i think there is something missing . Right now i’m working on the overall mood and hope it’ll help guiding the eye a little more because my composition isn’t as dynamic as a though. Any constructive feedback will be welcome

amazing work everybody , i’m looking foward seeing your final submission :slight_smile: !!!

3 Likes

Oh maaan! That light is just BEAUTIFUL! :smiley:
Keep going! I think you could benefit with a little more integration work on the domes as they still look a little CG-Like :fist_left:

1 Like

I love some of these compositions you have going on! My main comment is that your perspectives don’t all match :slight_smile: So just look into that and pay attention to lining up all the Horizon lines :slight_smile:

This is a great start @Gregory! I love the light hitting the central building, it really pulls focus. The amount of 3D you’re using here is absolutely fine too :slight_smile:

There’s definitely a lot of work to do here, I think you would feel better if you spend some time fine tuning the placement of your elements and fixing distortion (see the stained wall in the foreground). Once you have that fixed, share another update if you like!
Good luck, this is looking really cool!

1 Like

This is coming along nicely @Alexandro_Reyes

Try to follow the suns rays and cast some extra shadows into the image. For instant, I think the left side of the bridge should probably have some stronger shadows on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a lot of improvements in my work, I really appreciate all the CC and feedback. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
Thanks for feedback guys!
Here I tried to unblur and add more contrast on the dome buildings in the foreground, added a weather station (super blury too) and a reflection in the water for the first dome.
Everything is super small and about details so I don’t know if it is better.
Also I’m not sure about the drone but well,…I added one ^^

6 Likes

hello again , after my first concept i decide to enhancing it ,hope you like what i did and any feedback will be helpful for me…thank you guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yeah that feels much nicer!

1 Like

Looks really nice @Nicolas. I would probably leave out the drone as it’s not adding anything to the scene I don’t think. :slight_smile:
As you work further, I’d try replacing elements that are low-resolution or blurry. You could start with some of the grassy areas and work on finding better grass plains to put in, then grade them to match what is there and just replace what is needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The city in the background seems to be the wrong scale, the city at this distance would be much larger as it’s not actually that far away. Or, at this size, the city would be behind the mountain and very hazed out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is beautiful man, great work! One thing I would note is that the tower in the background looks a little like it is sitting on the trees there as opposed to rising up behind them. Maybe more shadow around the left side of that tower? Cheers!

1 Like

Hi there!
As you can see nothing realy changed…I tried to replace the grass on the foreground but nothing matched realy as well as the original one. I unblured the domes and the sheeps a bit and deleted the drone :slight_smile:
By the way, thanks for all the precious advices! I am excited for the next challenges :smiley:

3 Likes

I will try to integrate more nicely that tower, thank you for the observation. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi DMPainters!

here´s my concept painting for the cityscape, probably too much stuff to refine within deadline LOL but that´s what I came up with. Will try to push it further within the last days.

CC´s welcome, please!

6 Likes

Hello everyone. Here’s my WIP for the Matte Paint challenge so far. I attached the point where i am now and black values. I need your help / cc in order to improve this as much as i can. there’s a few points that i would like advice specifically:

• The distant building values: is that the accurate value that it should have? I’m not sure about it, so, if it isn´t, where can i pull those values from? The sky?

• The lights on the mountains (left MG): I would like to include some kind of human presence there, but i’m not sure what could i add to make it believable. At the moment i just added random building lights as a placeholder.

• Foreground element (top right) should i just get rid of it? Sound a bit cliche to have a tree or a bush just because…

• Overall thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance, Diogo

2 Likes

Uploading: Vision Of Tomorrow #mattepaintcontest.jpg…
Hi Matte Paint ,Hope are you Fine and Well
This is my Final entry for Matte Paint contest “Visions of Tomorrow” . Grand Prize su

bmission.

4 Likes

Hey @Zoheir_Grich, great work. I think you should work a little more on the left side of the distant buildings as they don’t look very photoreal yet.

Also remember this is the WIPs area, if you are submitting your FINAL version, then you should put that in the correct forum area :smiley:

1 Like